FIND PROFESSIONALS
shelleyuk

Will laminate wood always look cheap?

shelleyuk
We have had a disastrous weekend with a water leak and flood damage. The kitchen floor is currently vinyl on top of concrete. The water has gone underneath the vinyl which will have to be lifted to dry out the floor and will have to be cut in the process since it goes under the cabinets. The carpet in the dining room has also been soaked through.

The leak was the fault of the supplier of a new fridge freezer and they will pay to replace the flooring. I am concerned about matching in the carpet in the dining room since the room flows through to the living room and the difference will be noticeable. I would have chosen wooden floors but the supplier only stocks carpet, vinyl and laminate wood. Laminate wood could be an option since I could then have the same in the kitchen and dining room.

Kitchen units are white and dining room has mahogany furniture. Any thoughts on whether laminate is a bad choice? I don't want it to look cheap. This is the type of thing they stock.