clare_donovan

A bespoke fitted wardrobe into the eaves

Clare Donovan
7 years ago

When we moved to our cottage with bedrooms in the eaves, we found ourselves in possession of a space-robbing wardrobe made from nailed together bits of timber and copper piping for the hanging rails. The doors didn't fit, because of the sloping floor and the timber surround was unfathomable!

We hired a carpenter to replace with a bespoke solution which would make good use of the eaves space whilst allowing some usable hanging areas (not full length), and shelving in the awkward spaces. What we now have is at least 3 m2 more floor space and a well organised range of drawers, shelves and hanging space. Thanks to Lee Stockley (LS Carpentry, Hastings) who did the excellent work with the mdf and the Birch Ply.

Drawers are from the Pax range at Ikea and the leather handles are from a lovely little company in Lampeter called (surprisingly) the Leather Handle Company.

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.