rachelbilly

New kitchen advice - sink dilemma!

Rachel
7 years ago
We are in the throws of obtaining planning permission for an extension which will double the size of our kitchen to allow us to include a living area for a sofa too. We have been to Wren kitchens to have a kitchen designed which we really like. However, when showing friends and family, a lot of people have commented that you should have a sink in front of a window. To be honest, I always have but wonder what the advantage is and if it is actually necessary?

Also, we have a solid floor which we want underfloor heating on but wonder how that will be affected by an island with an electric hob? We're also not sure on where plug sockets will go in the island, does anyone have any ideas?

The first photo is design we are likely to opt for, the second one is one I found on google which we originally thought we wanted. Which would be the most practical?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.