claires330

Please can anyone help with a Design Plan for our Bedroom?

claires330
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hi.

We've recently done some renovations, one of which is a reconfiguration of our master bedroom. The room itself is a newly extended flat roof dormer, we did it so we could add another bedroom and fit in an ensuite for ourselves. The ensuite is now slightly deeper than what the drawing suggests, so the bedroom dimensions are 4600cm x 3850cm. But by increasing the size of the ensuite we've created a narrow entrance, which is now causing problems as I don't know how to configure the room. The only thing we have bought (due to arrive in a month) is a new grey superkingsize ottoman bed with headboard. We choose the ottoman bed as we have lost the eaves storage that used to be in there, hence being able to extend it.

I seriously need help on where to place the bed (was going to move to the other wall), what colour carpet/curtains, what colour walls, what furniture to buy??? The rest of the house is quite contemporary (in that most of the walls are painted white), but I do quite like the idea of a cosy 'boudoir' feel, without going too over the top. If we can fit wardrobes in the room, great! If not, we are contemplating turning my daughters nursery into a dressing room, however that is down the hallway and there is a loft hatch in the room at the moment.

Please, please, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I really do not know where to start.

Thanks

Claire

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.