Do I need an architect?

13 March, 2017

I'm not sure where to start with a big project we're planning! We have a townhouse with the front door opening onto a hallway that runs past the garage, opens up into an area with a big understairs cupboard and then leads into the kitchen. We want to have the kitchen re-done but at the same time re-do the porch area, and I'm sure we can better utilise the larger part of the hallway/under stairs area. I'm sure we can incorporate it into the kitchen, opening the whole area up more and making much better use of the whole space. We'd also like to open the back of the house up with large sliding doors onto the garden. The problem is I don't really know where to start. We obviously need some design advice but would that be from an architect or an interior designer? Who would draw up plans for a builder to follow? We've replaced kitchens and bathrooms before but never done anything structural so I'm not sure where to start. Any advice appreciated!

Comments (12)

Need help with a Houzz order? Call us on 0808 164 9310 (8am - 5pm GMT excluding weekends)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.