bekka54

Help us choose curtain colours for a sitting room?

Beks
16 March, 2017

We are renovating our place and our looking for curtains for our sitting room. It is a combined living/lounge and dining area. We have warm off white walls with a dark blue accent wall, a blue grey sofa and arm chair, and a dark walnut table and chairs. We are deciding between silver/grey and 'oatmeal' floor length linen curtains. We love the silver as a colour but wonder if the oatmeal might lighten and soften the room more especially with the dark furniture and blue wall. We are also getting a mango wood trunk as a coffee table.

I feel that the oatmeal might blend into the wall while the silver might blend into the furniture - not sure if the blending in is nice and peaceful or too monotone and more contrast is better?:)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! We love the room the way it is now so I guess we would like curtains that are pretty but don't change or clutter the room too much.

I added some pictures of the room and the curtain sample materials below.

Thanks so much for your help.

Beks x