kevin_keating23

New living room dilemma.

Kevin Keating
7 years ago
I'm about to move in to a new house. the living room is kind of a box, 6x3.4 metres, with a patio door at one end and a large window at the other. Image depicts. My plan is to paint all the walls in Paint and Paper Library 'The Botanist' a kind of light olive.
I will have the leather sofa in the image below on the wall opposite the entrance door, with a very similar colour wood floor along with 2 of the cuddle chairs in beige tweed at 90 degree angles, creating a horseshoe. the curtains will be a lighter tweed and my wife is making a large footstool in a lighter shade of tweed and the floor length curtains will be a lighter shade of tweed again.

Add to this a number of solid wood floor and table lamps with a green tartan check shade.

My questions are, 1. Is there too much going on colour wise, especially with all the different shades of beige tweed? And, 2. I need a rug for the furniture to sit on, almost accidentally the room has become very earthy, so I would like a rug to match, a natural material but so far I can't find a material that lends any warmth, any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Kev

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.