nicola_wood90

Best way to make our house work for us

Nicola Wood
7 years ago
We have 3 bed semi which we're looking to extend to create an additional garden room, larger utility room and larger bedroom. We're open to how this is achieved but don't actually know the best way to do it. The problems we have are...the master bedroom is an odd shape and we have no room for chest of drawers. We'd like to either expand the size of the room or create a new master. We could do with having some more utility space as current space is a little small (tumble dryer and freezer in garage). The garage is reasonably long and we thought we could take some space out of the garage to make utility bigger without compromising space for a car. Finally, our current living room space is just a bit snug. We'd like an additional living room space off the kitchen. It must have room for a fire and for 2x 2 seater sofa and a tv (and rather large dog bed!). We were thinking 4x4.5 m extension off the kitchen. We have thought of a few options 1. Single storey garden room off kitchen, expand utility into garage and create a new master bedroom above the garage by adding dormer windows to loft space. 2. 2 storey extension to the back with garden room on ground floor and making master bedroom upstairs bigger. Extending into garage again to make utility bigger. Does anyone have any advice or ideas?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.