ermaza

Is it possible to have a semi open plan kitchen diner? Please help!

ermaza
7 years ago

Hi. We have decided to swap kitchen and utility room. Please see the floorplan above. The new kitchen will incorperate the existing lobby. However as the new kitchen will end up even smaller than the existing one, I was wondering if there's anyway to have a 'semi open plan' kitchen diner by knocking down the dividing wall? I'm not sure if this is a load bearing or stud wall though as its in the extended part of the house. I will like to maintain a separate dining room connected to the kitchen and not have the kitchen in full view. How do I open up the new kitchen and give it a sense of flow with the dining area and still retain some privacy? I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and will like to make it as functional as possible without feeling claustrophobic? How do I achieve this and make the best cost-effective use of the space? Perhaps there's another completely different layout that will be better than what we've planned? Any advice will be very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.