cambella

Make my bathroom beautiful....!

cambella
7 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Have just moved into my flat and would love some ideas on how I can make the beige bathroom look a bit better (doesn't look too bad in this photo but I'm not a huge fan of the 'thick' fittings, it's a bit shabby and the plastic bath has a crack in it!). The basin is plumbed in too near the wall - so you have to crouch under the mirror to brush your teeth - also the tap is too far round and not close enough to the bowel, so water always goes over the edge and onto the floor no matter how careful you are! The top of that unit could come out 2 inches - I might just get some wood cut, drill two holes and fix this myself. Other things I wondered about: 1. spraying the chrome gold/bronze? Anyone does this? Would it look too much? Would it work on towel rail? I would need to do everything the same colour gold. 2. Getting panelling or tongue and grove round the bath? (definitely better than what's there? (I have google and can buy panels for this - has anyone done this? Does it look okay?) 3. I can't afford to change all the tiles but could paint them? Though this might end up a mess? Tiles don't look too bad in photo but in real life they are digitally printed and you can see the pixels. They look a bit crap but not the worst. 4. handles of the units (which is very practical but not very nice) are chrome again and look cheap - any suggestions for alternative? 5. Overall it's an odd shape and feels a bit of a waste of space - any ideas for clever/attractive storage on walls? Or anything else a bathroom could be used for other than a bathroom (ie I once saw one that was a wall to wall DVD library as they can obviously be in the damp) 6. what colours go with beige/oatmeal like this? Any tips/advice gratefully received!! Many thanks!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.