ellenfarmer

Best use of space? Utility? Budget!

vinoella s
7 years ago

We are moving into a house with a lean to conservatory, but no utility room. The conservatory is at the side of the house which we would likely use as the main entrance, and the other door goes onto the kitchen.
I can't decide which is the better use of space. There is only really one wall in the conservatory which is usable, (the exterior house wall -the rest are upvc) which currently has a radiator on it which would need to be moved. Can't afford underfloor heating.

Option 1) Turning conservatory into a utility with small sink/washing machine and tumble dryer, and worktop. Would be visible in the garden tho, but have direct access to kitchen. Boots/coats would likely accumulate here regardless!

2) a boot room with bench and lovely storage in conservatory to make things tidier. Then turning the under stairs cupboard into a utility - much smaller space but could still fit a washer dryer and mops etc, would just be cramped. No room to fit a sink!

What would you prefer/increase resale desirability? Thanks

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.