fullrenov

Experiences - using wood floor in kitchen

fullrenov
6 April, 2017

Hi,

we have nearly completed a full house renovation and now onto the flooring for downstairs. After six months of researching I have my heart set on using a reclaimed engineered wooden floor which is a very very light colour. I am thinking of having this in the hall and kitchen. My kitchen is a south facing kitchen with 5meter bifold doors.

I am receiving mixed advice on using the wood in the kitchen due to practicality reasons and it's starting to put me off. Some companies say it's no problem and others say to avoid. I am completely torn. Tiles is not an option due to children and no under floor heating and i don't like the feel of vinyl or laminate.

Has as anyone had any good experiences with using wooden floor in the kitchen ?

Thanks