123_sam

New Open Plan Layout Ideas and Advice

Sam N
7 years ago

Hi All,

We recently bought a detached 1930's house in need of some serious updating, we now have completed drawings for the structural changes we would like to make and are quite happy with the proposed layout overall, but I would really love to hear any thoughts or advice you have in relation to the layout of the main open plan living space. I am probably trying to squeeze too much into the space, but would love it to include a kitchen (with island/breakfast bar), dining table, and small sofa/seating area for the tv. We will still have a separate lounge, so the seating area would not need to be big. Also worth mentioning that the utility room will be separate, so no need for washing machine, bolier etc. in the kitchen.

There are just the two of us, so the dining table could be modest, although we would like it to be extendable as we like to entertain, 6 seats would probably be enough, anything over that would probably be a more informal gathering or bbq.

I will try to upload the floorplan as it is now and the proposed layout, along with a rough sketch of where we are considering putting the kitchen, any thoughts or advice would be really appreciated...as is always the way with houses, I'm starting to worry that we have bitten off more than we can chew! :-/

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

P.S. Sorry for the very long post!

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.