kelly_thomas16

Floor Tiles!

Kelly Thomas
7 years ago
We are building a new house with an open plan living area of about 98 square metres. The area has various zones: the kitchen with large island, (the kitchen also has a double door to a conservatory) a dining area (with double patio doors to the garden) an area for the children to store toys and do colouring, crafts and play computer games etc, there is also a living room area with large Portland stone fireplace (red brick hearth). It is all going to be a very high traffic area, there are lots of adults, children, dogs and frequent guests at our house. The house is on a small holding where we breed horses (just to paint the bigger picture) there is also a utility room, office and roomy hallway downstairs.
The BIG question is...... natural or porcelain floor tiles, we love the look of tumbled limestone or travertine tiles but have been put off by horror stories of stained grout, high maintenance measures and damage to tiles from cleaning fluids etc. I'm not a fan of real wood floors as we had one before and it got water damaged twice! It's too fragile for us! Have looked at wood look high end vinyl too. HELP!!!!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.