claregilly

To remove or not to remove?

Clare Gilmore
6 years ago

Hello Houzzers

I need some help making a decision on removing a wall between the lounge and hallway therefore opening up our main living space to the stairs. The current lounge is about to be redecorated, floor, ceiling and fireplace are all being redone. Our builder also suggested removing most of the dividing wall to create a real "wow" factor when entering the house. This is something i haven't considered before because of noise levels up the stairs to the bedrooms above, however i do think it would eliminate the dark wasted space of a corridor to the toilet (this will be moved to a new utility) and the stairs could be made more of a feature.

What do you very helpful people think? i have attached photos taken from the front entrance and from inside the lounge.

Many thanks

Clare

Ridge House · More Info

Ridge House · More Info

Ridge House · More Info

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.