annayenon

Building team work dilemma

Awal
7 years ago
Hi Houzzers. Excuse the long post but need your opinions. We started building renovations in Feb, our builder who quoted the job has project managed (plumbers, carpenters, tilers etc) without any problem - they've all mostly been people he has used before except for the electrician, who is a friend of a friend, who we decided to use based on recommendation. Electrician said his work would take 5 days.

Fast forward 8 weeks and we have had floors replyed in the kitchen (with flooring people ready to lay LVT), walls all skimmed and plastered and a decorator in to prep walls and do first coats. Everyone has been aware of the schedule and what was happening when. However yesterday, the electrician said he would come in to finish wiring the kitchen and said he would "make good" at the end. After spending the whole day there he has chased walls (with chunks of wall coming out) and has lifted floorboards and all the ply in the kitchen. When we asked him to make good he said he's not qualified and that we should speak to the project manager who should not have allowed laid floors and plastering and decorating before he knew the wiring was finished.

We are devastated both by the electricians's attitude but also by the fact he has now set us back in our works (as decorators and floor people are back in after bank holiday).

Question: who should take the blame/pay for replying the floor, replastering and redecorating? Electrician or project manager or both?

Thank you!

Comments (2)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.