mari_fflur

Does anyone have experience of Atrafloor?

Mari Wiliams
7 years ago

Hello! I'm debating whether to have Atrafloor vinyl on the floor of our second bathroom.

The online reviews aren't too great but are more to do with customer experience than the product itself.

Does anyone have experience of this company? Thanks :)

Comments (45)

• Mari Wiliams
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you for putting my mind at rest! I've ordered a sample - it will be good to get a feel of the product :)

• Related Discussions

Does anyone have experience using Zenit or Syncron by Alvic?

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi! My husband and I were introduced to Fenix NTM as a cabinet finish (for its soft touch, anti-fingerprint, and anti-scratch properties, and overall durability). However, our GC's cabinet maker uses something called Zenit by Alvic (this is a matt finish) and Syncron by Alvic (this includes a wood-look finish). Does anyone have experience with either of these finishes for the kitchen and bathrooms, please? We're primarily concerned with the finish being (i) durable (our wood and high-gloss paint cabinets have worn terribly); (ii) anti-fingerprints; and (iii) anti-scratch. Thank you so much for any guidance!
    ...See More

Does anyone have issues with their Quooker leaking?

Q

Comments (20)
    I refer you to my earlier point. Your failure to remedy this fault after three years is shocking. You should have a word with yourself for still moaning about it but doing nothing. In the last three years you could have found out how to turn down the pressure yourself- it’s likely a valve under your sink. Or you could have phoned Quooker for free advice, or you could have asked your plumber to do it when you had your boiler serviced, or you could have asked an inexpensive handyman to turn down the pressure, or you could have booked a local plumber or you could have booked a Quooker engineer. Imagine- if you had done that in your two year warranty period any parts may have been free….. (although it sounds like it just needs either the pressure turning down or an overflow pipe clearing- so likely no parts required) In any case you will have to have done something if you ever want to try a small claim because currently you don’t have a quantifiable claim- if you spend £100 resolving the problem you then have an amount you can claim- at the moment you don’t.
    ...See More

Does anyone have experience of Naked Kitchen Doors?

Q

Comments (0)
    I want to renovate my kitchen and I really like the look of Naked Kitchen replacement doors. I am looking for a designer/kitchen fitter in the Hertfordshire area who has experience with them.
    ...See More

Help does anyone have any suggestions?

Q

Comments (5)
    They’re not misleading building estimates but an estimate is just that … an estimate not a firm quotation. Being in the construction industry myself we too have problems getting customers to realise just how fast materials and prices are increasing. We now only offer a 14 day validity so we can TRY and purchase at the same cost that we have allowed for in our customer’s quote. We have even been quoted a price in the morning and then when we have gone to buy the items in the afternoon they've gone up again. Perhaps you can get the shell done and then do the finishing touches when funds have been replenished. These are very difficult times for customers and traders.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Atrafloor
    7 years ago

Great to hear. Thanks Mari. - James

• David K
    6 years ago

Hi - I have the same dilemma - I think the stuff looks great and would like to order a bunch of it but haven't seen positive reviews to back up the product - how has your experience been Mari? Was what you wanted available? Did it arrive on time? Does it appear to be durable? It will be expensive to ship to Canada so I'd like to hear more about it before ordering if possible.

• PRO
    Atrafloor
    6 years ago

Hi David. It's great to hear you're interested and we understand you wanting to know more before purchasing with us. If you pop over a quick message and your address to our customer service team then we will be able to get some samples sent out to you free of charge. https://www.atrafloor.com/contact/

- James

• Mari Wiliams
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi David - sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I received a free sample, which was definitely worth having. We decided not to go for it because despite the fantastic patterns we eventually concluded we prefer ceramic tiles.

• David K
    6 years ago

Thanks for letting me know. Was there anything about the sample you received that influenced your decision? Feel free to send me a message privately if you prefer. Thanks

• Nigel Mitchell
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Hi Guys, has anyone actually put this down in the bathroom ?

I am worried about slipiness following showers / baths etc.

Any comments most welcome.

• David K
    6 years ago

We put it down in our entryway which gets quite wet - only installed a few months but so far it's great.

• Kathleen Campbell
    6 years ago

Hello David! I would love to see pictures of the Atrafloor you put down? How easy was it to install? Was it worth importing to Canada? Thank you for your thoughts!

• David K
    6 years ago

My contractors installed it - I don't think it was too tricky. It expands and contracts a bit in the sun. It's expensive to ship, we ended up having it shipped to France since we were there to pick it up though so didn't have to pay import fees. Hard to find any interesting vinyl in canada so we like it.

• David K
    6 years ago

• jennyrosesmith
    6 years ago

We bought the same atraflooring for 2 small baths and a kitchen in a remodel. They looked great online, but the pure white color we requested in the squares was more of a gray (we sent the specific color numbers ) and varied from square to square which looks bad. The lay out design promised on the website did not come with the flooring so my installers charged extra to try to figure out the piecing.

In addition the product is very soft and even a 12in very light weight table made dents in it. It is very difficult to get clean and dirt seems to embed in it. I would not get it again and will have to replace it.

Also be alerted that if you are in the US it will be held up for an import duty . We weren't even notified but had to track down the product when it didn't arrive and found it sitting in storage.

• susanreeves73
    6 years ago

Hi , I have Atrafloor vinyl in my bathroom. Chose carousel and was able to decide on the square proportions to suit my floor area size which was great. I really adore it and think it’s really beautiful, I found them very helpful to deal with too. It’s very safe in a non slip way and looks expensive when fitted.Since laying the floor I too found it hard to clean, dirt seems to stay embedded.When I wash it water marks can dry into it.Another complaint is the seam that runs every 1.4 meters which is annoying, though they say it’s invisible it’s not. All in all I love it and would recommend but definitely get samples as the look different online.-

walls not yet painted!

• Carol Bard
    6 years ago

We have Groovy in the entry way of a modern apartment. It is a smashing statement of what is to follow. Customer service is quick to respond answering every concern. It is not at all slippery underfoot and is a soft comfortable feel too.

We will plan two bathroom remodels using Atrafloor again as the delight and humor let alone easy pricing is impossible to find in the US. We tried but could find nothing but the usual and ubiquitous imitation stone or wood....thus Atrafloor.

• marnikavy
    5 years ago

I just received my order from Atrafloor and unfortunately I am disappointed. I really wanted to love this product. I ordered the Herringbone pattern in “light grey” and what I received was Herringbone in a light blue color as you can see in the first picture below. I live in the states and the product took about 8 weeks to ship because there were some quality control issues. Customer service was always very helpful when trying to figure out why my order hadn’t shipped but when I asked them about the color issue they simply stated that all colors look different on different monitors and I should have ordered a sample. Unfortunately, that was their only response. So if you are going to order this product, make sure you get a sample before ordering to see true colors. Also, for Orders to the USA, make sure to order well before you need the product. My construction project was held up for 2 weeks while I waited for this flooring to arrive.

• HU-2149758686443134
    5 years ago

I would not recommend this product. My floor required two sheets, and after waiting ten weeks for the product to arrive, the color was mis-matched (one sheet was darker). The customer service experience was poor. Email responses from Atrafloor sometimes took 3-4 days. They never truly took responsibility for the color issue although they did eventually re-print the floor. During the original order process, there were no status updates, no shipping confirmation or tracking, and no instructions (or even a packing slip) in my box of flooring, and it took quite a bit longer than advertised to receive the product. Overall this is not an experience I will repeat nor can I recommend to anyone.

• Gillian
    5 years ago
    i have no experience with Atra but i have used a company called 'for the floor and more' based in Manchester. i designed my own vinyl floor (or you can pick from their designs and change colours) the design team were brilliant with great communication and shipping was fast at my convenience as i was going on holiday so it was arranged for on my return. the quality of the floor is great although i haven't installed it yet but i unrolled it and im really pleased with it. I would totally recommend them and they are cheaper than Atra so its a win win.
  • guzmansally
    5 years ago

I live in the USA, and had no problem with my floor order. 5 weeks from the ordering date the floor was delivered to my front door.

it is not installed yet, but pleased with the look and customer service!

• gordonholmes
    5 years ago

Can anyone direct me to an on line video of how to install Atra flooring and how to match up the patterns. I have a graphic floral with no straight line and cannot work out how to install it, I did not receive any layout from Atra, and although I have emailed and asked for it, I have received no reply.

• Jerry Mohr
    5 years ago

Got our flooring for the kitchen in January '18; first sample was not remotely like the one pictured on the computer screen; told our rep what we wanted and they re-did the colors (yellow/blue) and sent a sample; since ours was special order, it took longer (no problem); husband installed with premium adhesive recommended by a huge vinyl flooring company here in Southern California (Atrafloor will not send their adhesive); he worked with our rep on the layout and it was reconfigured a couple of times; nevertheless, piecing was necessary; seams run through the middle of my kitchen and though they match up, separate and are very visible when standing in the kitchen; cleaning sucks (as others mentioned); tried literally everything, even caustic products; finally with a huge amount of elbow grease using a very rough 3M pad and bleach, crud comes up; no kids or animals in the house, just 2 adults. So, would I do it again...?

• gordonholmes
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What product is everyone using in place of cold weld, since this product is not sold in USA and Atrafloor and European companies will not ship it to USA.

• gordonholmes
    5 years ago

Finally got my floor installed and am very happy. Was able to get someone to ship Type A cold weld to me and worked out the pattern.

Close up of seam, almost invisible at regular person height.

• HU-195527539
    5 years ago

I am very happy with my Atrafloors (Morocco for the kitchen and Darling for the corridor). The patterns are just marvellous, and after two months of use, the soil is very sturdy. The contact with Atrafloor was very pleasant, a discrepancy was resolved in an accommodating and responsive way.

We had the floor laid by professionals, the cold welding seemed to be too difficult in DIY if the pattern should fit.

• PRO
    Lisa Marra Designs
    5 years ago

I'm interested in the Morocco pattern. How is it cleaning? Can you post photos??

Thanks

• gordonholmes
    5 years ago

Yes, I purchased for my kitchen floor. The company was great to work with, they sent samples as I was not sure the color was right. Screens and actual vary a little. It is a digital product so you cannot reorder and expect the exact same color match. You need to order for the whole job at once. It was easy to match up the pattern. You do need the special adhesive to make it seamless looking. I clean mine once a week as it is a light blue color and have no problem cleaning it. I just use water with a little dish soap in it and a sponge. Other people complained about how difficult it was, but I have no problem. It is much easier to clean than normal vinyl available from HD. But you cant leave it for months as expect it to stay perfect, especially if you choose a light color. I am very happy with my purchase.

• Morgan
    5 years ago
    Hey All! I am in Oregon and ordered a fairly significant amount of AtraFloor for my entry, and both bathrooms. It arrived this week and the patterns look AWESOME! My contractor is a bit hesitant and has the following questions:
    1. Can the floor be installed on chipboard, or will we need to install another material, before the vinyl sheets?
    2. What adhesive did you use in the U.S.? My contractor is unsure as to whether or not he can warranty the work, without using AtraFloor’s specified cold welding.
    Your help will be much appreciated, as I am in love with these floors and determined to get them installed:-)!!
  • gordonholmes
    5 years ago

Yes you could install it over chipboard without a problem. I installed over existing old 1950 vinyl that had a brick pattern in it and it is no problem. I still have some cold weld left over which I think I could work out how to ship to you. It has a 2 year life span, so what is left in the tube is still viable. It is like water, has a great application tube, and works perfectly, there is a lot left in the tube. All the American products are very thick and leave a bead. You can glue it from the underside, but it will not be waterproof. You cannot purchase cold weld in this country. The Atrafloor is a ready nice product, great colors and patterns. I am really happy with this fun floor.

• Morgan
    5 years ago
    Hey All, it’s Morgan again! I am using a professional vinyl sheet contractor to install my AtraFloors. He is unsure what adhesive to use here in the U.S. I have reached out to Area, but have yet to get a response. Floors have arrived. I heard you can’t order/ship the AtraFloor company recommended adhesive, but there must be something someone in the U.S. has used that is similar? Any success stories out there? THANK YOU!! Bought a lot of it(2k worth) and love it, so would hate it to go to waste. It’s so unique and beautiful!!
  • gordonholmes
    5 years ago

See my comment above

• Morgan
    5 years ago
    It’s Morgan again! Okay, so...turns out two of my bathrooms have gypcrete underlay. My contractor is going to seal and level the gypcrete, prior to installing the AtraFloor. We are getting the cold weld solution shipped to us. Has anyone installed AtraFloor on gypcrete underlay? I think my main concern is confirming the cold weld product and adhesive will properly stick.
  • Morgan
    5 years ago
    UPDATE: AtraFloor DOES ship their cold weld product! I was able to order it through them and it is scheduled to arrive today, just FYI. It was $30, plus shipping, so the total cost was about $50. I’ve read some forums with customers stating they do not ship this, but in my case they did. They offered the option to me. Just an FYI. For fun, here is a photo of what my entryway will look like. NOTE: The patterns are NOT matched up, yet, I was just playing around to see what they’d look like in the space. I did hire a professional contractor to do the install and it will be a fairly costly experience, overall(I also ordered flooring for my bathrooms, not pictured). Next time I will go with Graphic Image Floors, in Minnesota. Their product only take a week to ship and they offer custom residential design and print their sheets larger, so seams are not as awkwardly places, but you live and learn!
  • gordonholmes
    5 years ago

Glad they shipped to you, it is the only product worth using for this type of project. I dont think Graphic Image Floors has designs to pick from you have to send them artwork, a much more difficult process to go through. Atra floor has so many nice patterns that you can customise the colors with. Just my opinion. Hope your project goes well.

• Morgan
    5 years ago
    At Graphic Image Floors they can essentially create any design you want, as long as you send an example. They then simply charge an hourly rate for the custom design time, in addition to their price-per-square foot. It sounded very reasonable to me, for a custom design order. Can’t beat the shorter timeframe for delivery of the product, either! It sounds like an overall easier way to get the same thing, if you are in the states. Also the size of the sheets they print work a bit better for hiding seams in larger rooms.
  • Morgan
    5 years ago
    Reno is still going on, so the floors haven’t been properly wiped down, but here they are installed!
  • HU-763547666
    5 years ago

I paid a lot for this vinyl, and when the (very experienced) floor fitters came they said it was too stiff for domestic purposes and most suitable for commercial use. They also unequivocally told me there would be a visible line in the join. And, because we were fitting it in a bathroom, they told me that eventually water would seep through the join, making the product not fit for purpose. Atrafloor isn't answering the phone, so I can't discuss this with them. When I have managed to speak with them in the past, their customer service has been terrible. I wish I'd never ordered from Atrafloor!

• Jerry Mohr
    5 years ago

l replied with our experience on 8/31/18 and am reading like comments. Here is a close-up of our seams using an adhesive recommended by professionals in California. As you can see, they separate, lift and accumulate kitchen debris. Most importantly, they run through the middle of my kitchen and are very visible. Sorry we could not get the UK adhesive last year. Just have to live with it.

• HU-763547666
    5 years ago

Thanks for your comment, Jerry. Shame I didn't check out these reviews before making my very expensive purchase :(

• gordonholmes
    5 years ago

If you scroll through this link you will see my photos. I ordered this for my kitchen. My completely inexperienced contractor installed the floors over existing 50 year old asbestos vinyl. We used the Atrafloor cold weld. The seam is almost invisible and the product is water tight. Your installers are using old technology and old methods. It is very usable for a home installation. Mine have been down about 3 months old and look great. My installer also made a small measuring mistake and I ended up with a 2nd seam, but it is not noticeable at all. You cannot use the type of adhesive sold in USA it is old fashioned and old technology. Mine was not stiff at all, but I did keep it inside the house to acclimatize before installation. It is soft a pliable. Atrafloor answered all my emails.

• Jerry Mohr
    5 years ago
    Lucky you to have gotten the UK adhesive. Not so lucky for the rest of us.
  • Morgan
    5 years ago
    I wonder if AtraFloor has updated their process? I was able to purchase it from them and they shipped it to me at an extra cost. I’m sorry others have had trouble!! My experience was very recent, this past January, 2019. They also responded to emails within 24 hours. I did have to wait a day sometimes, but that was just because of the time difference, depending on when so reached out.
  • marnikavy
    5 years ago

I am looking for the correct adhesive install my atra floor. I have the cold weld for the seams but what type of adhesive are people in the USA using?

• Morgan
    5 years ago
    My contractor used the following, I believe(available via Ace Hardware):

Henry 640 VinylLock High Strength Paste Vinyl Floor Adhesive 1

Hope that helps!
    Morgan
  • Wumi
    4 years ago
    GILLIAN - Bit late to the conversation, but I wanted to ask you about your experience with Floors & More vinyl.

Have you laid the flooring yet and how has it held up? I’m looking for a vinyl print to go in a w/c and utility room.

Thanks!
  • Richard Meade
    2 years ago

Help! I need a recommendation for adhesive for my AtraFlooring. The Ball F44 is available but it will cost me about $800 to have it shipped here. I am currently ordering the cold weld from ATRA. But, I need recommendations on an alternative for the adhesive. Is this flooring considered fiberglass backed vinyl?

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.