christianbuildersltd

Updating a kitchen by changing the Worktops!

Christian Builders Margate Ltd
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The clients of this 16th Century property didn't want a brand new kitchen, but wanted to give the space a freshen up and an updated look.

By simply upgrading the worktops, we have managed to achieve this! The existing worktops were laminated chipboard, they were chunky, tired, dull and had seen a lot of use.

The new worktops are much fresher, sleeker and modern. We installed Corian in Antartica. The subtle flecks in the pattern add a bit more depth than pure white. The post rolled form gives a seamless finish, meaning you can't seen any joins.

So if you're in a position where a brand new kitchen is not possible, try updating/refreshing single parts of the the kitchen - this could be unit colour, splashback, tiles, accessories, the worktops, appliances... and it will still give you the pleasure of seeing something new within the space!

P.S. This kitchen has a wonderful detail...a glass covered well! It is over 50ft deep, and working!

Before:

After:

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.