noviceatthis

Can pvc sliding doors ever look good?

design novice
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have a 2.5m wide opening with a very narrow patio leading on to a rockery with retaining wall. I do not have the budget for bi folds (and think they wouldn's suit the narrow space) The kitchen which they lead from is a little dark thanks to the steep incline of the garden so I am considering sliding doors over french doors to increase light. I think I am only able to fit a double pane sliding door and it will be in a wood grain effect.

The windows company said that pvc sliding doors would be £1500 less than aluminium with very similar looks and frame margins and so it is hard for me to justify paying the extra. Have the pvc ones improved looks-wise over the years? I keep worrying they may look naff/very 1970s. Any thoughts v welcome as I have to place the order tomorrow and am having last minute jitters!!!

Attached photos shows what I am replacing....

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.