noviceatthis

Can pvc sliding doors ever look good?

design novice
last modified: 4 years ago

I have a 2.5m wide opening with a very narrow patio leading on to a rockery with retaining wall. I do not have the budget for bi folds (and think they wouldn's suit the narrow space) The kitchen which they lead from is a little dark thanks to the steep incline of the garden so I am considering sliding doors over french doors to increase light. I think I am only able to fit a double pane sliding door and it will be in a wood grain effect.

The windows company said that pvc sliding doors would be £1500 less than aluminium with very similar looks and frame margins and so it is hard for me to justify paying the extra. Have the pvc ones improved looks-wise over the years? I keep worrying they may look naff/very 1970s. Any thoughts v welcome as I have to place the order tomorrow and am having last minute jitters!!!

Attached photos shows what I am replacing....