sophie_reiss

Rug Ideas

Sophie Reiss
27 April, 2017

I've just bought this coffee table, what kind of rug would look best underneath it?

• Sophie Reiss

This is what the rest of the room looks like and the furniture it would be matching (it would replace the current rug)

• tamp75
    I think a shaggy cream rug, similar in tone to your chair would look nice. However, I think the room could do with some pattern and wonder if you could bring that it through the rug? Love the sofa btw - and the coffee table!
  • Sophie Reiss

Thanks, I was thinking exactly the same with regards to a shaggy cream rug. If it was going to be a patterned rug I was thinking blue and cream but it's hard to see online what kind of blue would match the sofa as the sofa is so vibrant. Thanks for the advice!

• tamp75
    Lots of geometric or chevron patterned rugs in blue & cream but not sure they'd suit the style you're creating. Maybe keep the rug plain (shaggy rug will add texture which would be good) & bring in a little pattern elsewhere.
  • rachelmidlands
    Berber rug, but then I saw this on Wayfair, https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Safavieh-Palmer-Navy-Ivory-Area-Rug-QQ7126.html?PiID[]=15827903&source=hotdeals
    Might be a little busy, but the colours would look fab.
    Sophie Reiss thanked rachelmidlands
    Bespoke Interiors Global

patchwork, cowhide rugs, greyish silver, with triangle or square patches ,( Kahn cowhide rug (ivory) )

Sophie Reiss thanked Bespoke Interiors Global
    Bespoke Interiors Global

cow hide rug by pure, it the silver?grey triangle patchhide rug

Bespoke Interiors Global

even the herringbone patterned patched cow hide rugs would look amazing

• Sophie Reiss

It's so strange reading these comments, these were the exact same things i've been thinking and looking for! I've searched for hours for a nice berber rug that isn't a fortune and that second rug from Wayfair is one of my favourite rugs out of everything i've seen. I thought the same though, that it might be a bit much.

Just having a look on Pure now, they're gorgeous! I'm based in London though and would rather spend more on the rug itself than all the shipping costs.

• rachelmidlands
    Here's a link to the Berber style rug in the pic. I say Berber style as it's not actually wool, just a look-a-like, and a lot cheaper too.

https://www.therugseller.co.uk/search-viewproductg.asp?id=28623&n=6&gclid=CJvmoruQx9MCFU0Q0wodkH4O_Q
  • rachelmidlands
    Just realized link takes to you to the wrong one. Anyway it's from The Rug Seller, Logan rug LG07. Dunelm also do a similar one.
  • minnie101

I agree, if you like them, I think a metallic cow hide could work well. This is from graham and green

• Sophie Reiss

I was actually considering getting another gold metallic one from Graham and Green which is not dissimilar from this one. My worry was whether it was going to be too much gold with the gold coffee table on top. What do you think?

Bespoke Interiors Global

the gold chevron cowhide rug ,?:):) by graham and green :)

yes, i think that would go very well with your table, just right, and the colours , match perfect

Bespoke Interiors Global

even there, gold star , cowhide rug , that is art work, unique

• Sophie Reiss

Yes it was the gold star cowhide rug I was planning on getting. Maybe that's what I'll go for then!

Bespoke Interiors Global

Brilliant choice !!! :),

go for it