brandonsmith1

different floors in separate rooms VS laying same flooring

Brandon Smith
6 years ago

Wife and I are about to get a new kitchen and will relay new floor tiles but just can't decide if it's better to lay the same tiles extending into the hallway, utility, front hall way and small bathroom. We think we'll keep carpet in living area and have nice oak wood floors in the dining area that was expensive so may keep it although as it's linked to the kitchen do ask if it makes sense to have the same flooring where it's 'flush' throughout. You see it's not a big house and currently we have separate flooring in each room. On one hand it gives each room a character of it's own which we like BUT given these are not big room and it's not more than a few steps before you're in another room we do wonder if it's better to have the same uniform flooring. We really no nothing of design so would welcome others thoughts on this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance. Pic attached though doesn't do it justice but shows how the room run into each other. Middle is hallway which also has a bathroom at the front of house.

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.