slimberley

Paint colour ideas needed for study without any natural light

slimberley
6 years ago
I'd like to do a quick and cheap spruce up of our small study next weekend as a surprise for my husband as he's going away.
In the long-term we plan to do a complete revamp of this room, but for now I'm planning to just give it a lick of paint, a new chair and perhaps make some easy to put up fabric panels to hide some of the dvds, cds and clutter.
It has become a bit of a dumping ground recently so I'll be tidying and decluttering it too. I have a one-year-old and a four-year-old so I'm hoping to do most of it during nap / nursery times and when they are in bed, so I can't do loads as I won't have the time.
The study is in the middle of the house and has no window or natural light. It's currently a greyish beige colour. I don't know what colour to go for - perhaps something bold and dark? It's not a space that is really seen much (which is why it's a great place to hide clutter!) so we could be brave and bold.
Also i'd love a new chair, ideally on wheels, needs to be height adjustable but would love it to not be just a boring office chair.
Sorry for the long post, hope you can help!

Comments (16)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.