whirlligig

Anyone installed their own stair runner?

Lauren
6 years ago
I'm nearing the end stages of decorating our hallway after 2 years of it looking awful!

I'd like to get a stair runner to reduce the noise factor as well as to add traction to the slippery wooden steps. It seems quite expensive to get a dedicated stair runner made and installed and I've seen blogs where people have done it themselves (though mostly US blogs).

I would probably be quite confident in this except my stairs turn 90 degrees over 3 angled steps at the top and I'm not sure how to install a runner successfully here.

Anyone else done it themselves? Any advice on underlay/material/methods? Should I just pay someone to do it? (Running out of money due to my wedding coming up so would like to save where I can!)

I've included an unfinished pic of the stairs and the now mostly finished hall. Will probably go for a natural/beige herringbone flatweave runner so as not to complete with the parquet floors and kilim runner in the hall.

Any advice gratefully received!

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.