andy_mcqueen

Few Ideas for this large 80s house & exterior modernisation, Input?

Andy McQueen
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a large 1980s house built within an Ex georgian walled garden, the house is actually north facing and the front gets the sun all day (the reason being the house did have a raised pool in the back garden so it could get the sun) But now the pools gone the house is quite dark inside we've deduced this is because of double doors and large overhanging porch roof

The plan is to modernises the house, first off the facias and soffits will be changed to a cleaner less fussy (black facia, white soffits) and then we want to add Black Seamless gutters, all down spots will be round and black. The next step is the big one, the porch/Veranda roof blocks all the light from the lounge (bay window) and hall (grey double doors) and the long run of awfull PVC looks terrible. Its our intention to remove the roof, upto the garage. Put a traditional flat fibreglass roof on the bay, and a glass canopy over the porch front door but inline with the removed roof...

Along with this the front door will be getting both side panels replaced with glass and the front door will have each pane replaced with bevelled glass. Where the magnolia render is at the top we will be looking to continue this to the floor, and around the bottom of the bay but in a smoothed coloured render in a very light grey... Its not in our budget to render the whole house nor change the windows, as there is alot of landscaping and paving thats being done.... Anyone have and ideas of inputs please!!!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.