one22

Improve curb appeal of my ugly duckling house

A B
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I've posted about my fab but aesthetically challenged house once before, and got lots of ideas that we have spent a long time considering. We only need to be in this house/area for another 3 years or so, but have a budget of approx 2K to make a few simple improvements if possible. The second house is a modern equivalent of this design, but not sure how to move away from 1980s. We're considering either removing the porch door (but it's soooo useful to have) or replacing with a more attractive composite. But what colour/style would work. Also keeping the mock tudor at the top, but rendering or cladding the bit between the 2 bay windows. Would this work? Would wood look awful? Or possibly even just painting over the 'stripes' so they're all one colour? White? Grey? Any ideas other ideas?

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.