semidetatched

Old conservatory being replaced with extension

semidetatched
We shall be having our old conservatory removed and replaced with a single storey extension. The plan is to move the kitchen into the extension to create a kitchen diner overlooking the garden. The dining room becomes quite a multi functional space and could be a snug in winter as there is a log burner in there already. A music room...need a space for piano. As we have a dog, we are trying to decide whether to keep the old kitchen as a separate utility room ( shut all the coats, boots, dog bowls etc in there and out of the way) to knock it through into the new extension.
Any help, tips, fresh ideas would be greatly appreciated including colours.
Thanks