sbcbc

Can I have chandeliers and a flat roof light?

Suzanne C
6 years ago
We are designing our house ourselves and trying to work out a happy medium. I would like our extension to be feminine with natural light and chandeliers and my husband is after large glass doors and quite minimal. We haven't quite perfected what we want and the builders are fitting the roof this week.

We want to zone the kitchen, diner and lounge. The kitchen will have a pitched roof and 4 velux lights on the roof. In the diner/lounge we want to zone with roof lights. We either do 2 electronic sliding roof lights(2m x 1m) with a chandelier in the middle (over the dining table) on each zone and a chandelier over the lounge area. Or, we do two large fixed panel roof lights over the area 3m x 1.5m or 3.2m x 3.2m) with spot lighting.

Which is nicer, and also gives the wow factor?

Option 1 http://www.duplus.co.uk/product/sliding-rooflight/
2m x 1m ( 4 roof lights altogether) 2 on each side with chandelier in the middle of two lights. can open this with remote.

Option 2 http://www.duplus.co.uk/product/fixed-rooflight-3/ possibly 3m x 1.5m, using two of them on each zone. No room for chandelier but more natural daylight.

This is an image of both options on the roof.

We don't want anything too raised, as we have an amazing view from the first floor and don't want anything that interrupts the view too much.

We already have the steels in place with the construction so are unable to move them now (without cost). So we can't run a long roof light across, we really want to zone the two areas.

Please help me, we need to make up our mind in the next 48 hours....
Option 1 or 2?

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.