jcrbotelho

SMART SOLUTIONS TO REVAMP AN OPEN PLAN SPACE

Casa Botelho
6 years ago

The picture above is how I found this sad living room! It lacked character and had no soul. The brief was simple, our clients wanted to be able to entertain their friends and have clear zones within the open plan space. Additionally they wanted to revamp the outdoor space and enjoy drinks alfresco.

In order to create a rhythm and a connection within a smaller space, we developed a super cool concept adding brick sleeps to the dinning room wall as well as the outdoor walls, connecting the two and bringing the inside out.

Outdoor we dressed the walls with a light colour coping stone, black window boxes and gorgeous fake boxus. A foldable bench was added giving the client the choice of using it whenever they feel like. The clients were reluctant about the brick slips but after the final results they were thrilled with how the whole look turned out.

We painted the entire room in a shooting french grey which enhanced the size of this open plan space. Simple L-shaped sofas were added with a super luxe bespoke cowhide rug from Art Hide.

We had a huge challenge with space. The staircase was very narrow and a normal dining table could not fit the space. Previously, the clients had to bring the dining table with a crane over the 5 storey building in South Kensington. We then decided to design a work-of-art marble dining table that came into 3 parts which meant the clients could take with them easily if they decided to move out.

Perfectly symmetrical and constructed with the strongest materials, the Era dining table was engineered with two separate marble halves with a narrow gap that stretches through the entire table creating an optical illusion. Because of how we designed the table we were able to carry the separate parts through the narrow stair case. Although each piece weighted a lot we managed to bring it up!

We created 12 bespoke items for this client including a bench, a pair of round coffee tables, oval martini tables, poufs and an outdoor mirror.

Lighting was all important so we transformed the look with uber-cool modern industrial pendants from Buster and Punch and dress the wall with my favourite mirrors from Gubi.

The bespoke deco Bacco mirror enhanced the look and feel of the space.

Gorgeous printed cushions by Margo Selby and Casa Botelho were introduced with a foldable marble tray table by Aurum Home and lanterns by Lombok.

E Voilá

www.casabotelho.com

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.