internal bifold doors

binamehta80
22 May, 2017

looking for a solution to close off and open family area to make into guest sleeping room.byfolding light doors

French and Westcott

Hi there, do you have brick work and an opening already there or are you creating a screen from nothing? Could you consider pocket doors? if you are having stud walls installed then you could have them made with pockets so that you could push the doors back flush in to them. Or if that's not a possibility slim double french doors are always elegant and classic. If you fit them with small blinds you would be able to create the privacy your guests would require but keep it light and airy for family use. The problem I can foresee with internal bi-folds is that you would have to have a channel in the floor for them to run in which won't be very attractive. There is also quite a bulk when they are folded up which will eat in to your space.

Do you have any photographs or plans that we could see?

• Sarah W
    These may not be what you are looking for as they are glass doors but they fold away flat and are also top hung. On the pricey side though! https://www.vufold.co.uk/internal-bifold-doors
    Man About The House - The DIY & Odd Job Handyman

depending on the aperture available, how about hung barn doors? Difficult to say what will work without a picture of the walls, space, style of decor?