sophie_reiss

Blue skirting boards- horrible or potentially cool?

Sophie Reiss
6 years ago

I've bought this gold Tom Dixon console table for my hallway and my boyfriend and I both agreed it would work really well with a splash of rich royal blue in the same space.

However, the hallway is quite big so we thought it would be a bit dark and gloomy to paint the entire walls. Instead, my boyfriend has painted the skirting boards and round the door frames. I can't decide whether I hate it or if it might look cool once this table is here and that big white piece of furniture has gone?

By the way, the painting isn't finished, it needs to be touched up, but before he puts any more time into it i'd really appreciate some advice as to whether it's awful or if it has potential. All advice appreciated!

Comments (24)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.