kurt_tallon

Dining table - Stay or Go?

KJT
6 years ago
So I have quite a dilemma here. We are having an orangery installed on the back of the kitchen, but cannot decide if we should have the access point through the wall where the dining table is now (we like the flow this way) or go through where the sink is currently?

The first option means we will have to lose the dining table permanently (or lose some floor cupboards to compensate and allow room for one). The compromise in this case is to have a breakfast bar fitted on the end of the run of units and then have the access to the orangery straight through the wall where the dining table is now
or:
shift the floor units over about a 12 inches towards the hob (to allow a bit more elbow room around the dining table in its current position), and then access the orangery through the wall where the sink is now and move the sink further down the worktop so that it stoats opposite where the hob is.

Our issue is that we are not sure if sitting on (albeit comfy) stools/high chairs will get annoying very quickly (are we really going to want to linger over a meal sat at a breakfast bar), as opposed to a proper dining table and chairs?
Plus, what do you guys think of the 'flow' going into an orangery through where the sink is? Is it better through the wall by the dining table?
I hope that makes sense!

Comments (22)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.