gsk_69

Tired 3 bed 1900's terrace. How can I make the exterior look nice?

G K
6 years ago

Hi, I am renovating a tired 1900's Victorian terrace in Bearwood, Birmingham (B67) and would welcome ideas on how to make the exterior appealing. It's a renovation project with a view to sell for profit. I'm relatively new to the game - living and learning from you guys!! All the interior is being updated - new wiring, c/heating, kitchen, bathroom, plaster walls, etc. I'm struggling on how best to tackle the exterior. The white UPVC windows are in good condition and I am wondering whether I can get away with keeping them. The opening out brown front door is definitely going. There is not enough room for the exterior door to open in and have the original front door leading in to the house. I can't decide whether to change the current brown door to one that opens in and let it open in to the front lounge, or get rid of the porch and leave the front door in its original place (opening in to the lounge) or maintain the 'inner' and 'outer' doors. I've read the front door is very important. I don't like UPVC. Composite or wooden? American oak perhaps? Help please .....

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.