uk1982

Roughcast repair

uk1982
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello all. When we bought our newbuild home 3 years ago there was a crack in the roughcast. They repaired it but it looks really noticeable. For various reasons I don't want to repaint the whole house. My question is- do you think I could paint over the repair? I'm not sure if it would work or I it would make it worse! Does anyone have any experience in painting rougcast? Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

• uk1982
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• PRO
    Heat Architecture London
    6 years ago
    You will end up with a patch of different texture and different paint colour, so it will be more noticeable. Could you grow something there or fix trellis to it?
  • PRO
    User
    6 years ago

Just painting that bit won't work as re-iterated by Heat Architecture London. Any type of render put on after another will be mixed slightly differently, will be applied slightly differently and more importantly will have weathered slightly differently. The only option is to paint the whole wall.

Maybe a window box would help to disguise and look pretty too?

• uk1982
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you both for your informed advice it is much appreciated, I'd best leave it as it is then. I've never been a fan of plants on a wall but I could probably come round to a window box! Thanks again.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.