carole_wyatt

Help with layout for chambre d'hote sitting room/dining room

Carole Wyatt
6 years ago

I'm just completing a renovation project on an old farmhouse in Mayenne, north-west France to run as a B+B/chambre d'hote. The main communal room is roughly 5m x 5m, partially divided by a solid brick partition around 1m high. The stairs are being reinstated in their original position. This is where we are today...

This is how it looked before I bought the house from two rock musicians...

The room needs to house a comfortable sitting area (no TV!), a dining table and chairs for eight, and a baby grand piano.

The defining style factor is the very traditional dark cream/teal tiles - I don't love them but they are a traditional feature, very typical of the region so I want to keep them. There is also a huge granite fireplace with a woodburner; this has been sandblasted back to the original stone.

Would love some thoughts on colours to introduce - the walls are going the be Fired Earth White Mulberry, and the only other item to work with is this purple armchair from Made. Also best layout for furniture etc.

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.