mango60

Advice on utility/living layout!

Stef Hang
6 years ago

We recently bought a house which needs to be done up. We are planning to do a wrap around extension (side and out) which will be our kitchen and dining area looking out to the garden. But we are really struggling with the layout of the living room and current dining room as we want to have a utility room and make the most use of the rest of the ground floor space.

We've come up with 2 options (below). We want to use the utility space for washer/dryer/sink/ironing/hoover/tools/golf clubs/skis/coats/shoes as such! Since there won't be much place to store these items in the rest of the house.

Our initial thoughts are Option 1, but it seems a shame to use the v. high ceilings we have in a utility room. Option 2 then gives a bit of an awkward layout for the living room.

Does anybody have any other ideas or thoughts? Any input is much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.