kl55hp

A large glass vintage pendant light above sofa? Help please!

kl55hp
6 years ago

We are building an open plan rear extension, and I'm having difficulty deciding upon lights.

We have chosen 3 x small pendants for the kitchen island. I really like these. (From Industville)

Now I need a pendant for the sofa area. (Rest of open plan space is spotlights.) I've also attached a photo of the sofa we plan to buy. The ceiling is sloping, and there is a black wood stove flue, and large windows overlooking the garden. Colour scheme - grey, green, off-white.

I would like the pendant over the sofa to be large, glass, fit in with a vintage/timeless styling, and dimmable. But lots of glass pendants seem too small for our space; and I'm not keen on the ribbed cafe-style glass. Our budget is approx £130.

Really keen to hear your ideas.

I've attached a photo of a glass vintage bell shaped pendant that I like (from Neptune). It's a good size at 30cm (w) and 45 cm (h). A lot bigger than most. I like it a lot, and it echoes the island pendants, but I'm not sure if it's dimmable. What do you think?

I've also attached a photo of another glass pendant that I like. But it's too small - would need to find a bigger one. Can anyone help me find a larger one?

Any other ideas? (ps the ceiling above sofa is high and pitched/sloping)

Photos:

(1) the pendant x3 over kitchen island

(2) sofa

(3) idea for sofa pendant #1 (but haven't found a dimmable one)

(4) idea for sofa pendant #2 (but need to find a wide one i.e. at least 30cm wide)

Comments (9)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.