fullrenov

My wet room walls have NOT been tanked ! Help

fullrenov
6 years ago

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help with a frustrating situation I am in at the moment. I have had issues with my wet room for some time. It was installed in January and immediately we had problems, mainly the grout coming out and the wet room was never siliconed around the joint where the floor meets the wall. We had an independent report on the wetroom and they uncovered the following issues :

damp under the floor (verified by a damp meter) and on the walls.

My grout has discoloured due to damp

Grout is coming out in the shower area despite grouting 5times.

Puddling near the drain as the water is not sloping down.

i have been informed by the installer that the shower walls haven't been tanked only up to 10cm and that they don't need to.
After research and countless conversations with other installers they have all confirmed that tanking the walls is a must.
I am trying to find written documentation or some kind of guide lines that can back this up but having no luck.
Can anyone help with this ?

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.