noviceatthis

Any idea how I can jazz up this rockery?!

design novice
6 years ago

I am at a loss as to how I can make this rockery more appealing. This is the main view from the living room window and as the garden is very steep, it is mainly what you see so I need to make it a lot less bare!!!!

With the retaining wall behind it, it is a little stone heavy and I would like to soften it if possible. I would like to add some evergreen pot plants (as it looks quite dull in winter) but I also probably need some colour in some pots. I am not sure the pink geraniums work!

I am also unsure as to which colour pots would work with the brown rocks.

I also thought about maybe a water feature as a centre point or perhaps do a mini pond in a container with a little solar fountain or something. I then thought of trying to make it like a mini zen garden but no idea where to start.

Any advice would be so helpful and thank you

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.