robbo1982

front of chalet bungalow dorma doors

robbo1982
6 years ago
Hi we are half way through renovating and trying to decide what to do at the front of the property. we have a few ideas such as :
1. put a pitch on the large flat roof
2. block up open porch
3. and put an oak (?) framed porch

We are going to slate the roof to match the rear extension and render in white (ewi tbd) .
the windows are anthracite grey but we are struggling to find a front door. we don't really like the plastic finish of some composites and I think the house is kind of modern ish even though we aren't modern fans it's just ended up like this!

So block porch ? maybe door with two side lights or half blocked and flanking windows? should the door match the windows or would an oak framed door look good?

should we render dorma in white to contrast vs grey slate? Or should we try and blend it In?

Any opinions or ideas appreciated.!!!

Thanks Adam

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.