dahlia444

Need help on kitchen tiles and window treatment

dahlia444
6 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm after help with my kitchen, which I can't afford to completely remodel, so am looking for tips and advice. It's a traditional melamine cream coloured shaker unit with iron effect handles and beech effect block worktop . Walls are plain grey. Floor is mottled grey stone. I really want to give it a more modern look in keeping with the rest of the house that will tide me over for a couple of years until I can afford to replace it. The big sticking points for me are the wall tiles and the windows.
Here's what I have been planning on doing.
- new nod to industrial style
- new bar stools - wood and black metal.
- black and white picture wall (in black and grey frames) on back wall
- possible industrial pipe shelf on wall (where units end) for books and display
Other than that I'm at a loss. Really need advice on suitable tiles. I'm either thinking cream matt metro (maybe done in a herringbone style to modernise it) or a feature tile, but unfortunately the tile is everywhere so will this be too overpowering? The end of the kitchen near the window is where the dishwasher opens and wets the wall so we need it to be tiled. Also will a pattern fit with the traditional units?
Also we can't hang blinds in the recess as the window frame has a joist in it, so they'll have to go on the outside and I'm not a fan of romans, especially if I'm trying to create a more modern look. So colours and style ideas for window treatments would be great. Any help at all would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dahlia

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.