smithers1980

Extension ideas/advice pleeeeeeease

smithers1980
6 years ago

I am looking to extend the back of my property taking the existing extension all the way across over the balcony (shown in the pic) . I am on a tightish budget and looking for ideas/suggestions on the best way forward. My plan was to keep it simple and extend the flat roof across and remove the window to replace with an 8-10ft bi fold door. Then put in a balcony with steps down the side. Happy for any other suggestions here as this is my only real idea.

I have a couple of questions which I hope to get guidance on. I am based near Southend on sea in Essex and the area in question is about 3m x 3m

- What is the cheapest method of extending? , timber? , simple block work etc (i can render at a later date)

- The garden is south facing so light is not too much an issue. Would a conservatory type extension work ?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated and anyone local that can provide a quote would be good as well.

Thank you

Colin

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.