christianbuildersltd

Elderly Lady's Bathroom Remodelled to become a much safer Environment!

Each project of ours is completely different, and they come in all shapes and sizes!

One of longest returning, elderly clients had a fall in her bathroom, which could have had a devastating ending - however, she made a full recovery but decided that something needed to be done to her original bathroom to make life easier. She had a fall out of the bath, so we resolved the issue by putting in a walk-in shower with an anti-slip Vinyl flooring.

The original bathroom was dark, dated and very tired. We made the space brighter, more spacious and much easier to maintain. Grab handles were installed by the WC and shower, Age Concern sell a specific shower seat, which is practical and still stylish! A new vanity unit with basin, meant more storage space as well as a mirrored cabinet above. The WC height was raised so it is easier to get on and off. The post rolled, anti-slip Vinyl flooring is an ideal material for the flooring in such a space. Porcelain tiles on the walls make the space look a lot brighter and bigger! The limestone shelf adds a touch of luxury as well as providing more space for storage. Underfloor heating was installed which adds a nice touch to the room. LED lighting means the space is a lot brighter than before, and along with easy-read writing on the sanitary-ware it means that the client can easily see everything she needs to!

The room is much more user friendly and the client is now very happy!

Before:

After:

Redesigned Bathroom for Elderly Client · More Info

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Comments (21)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.