westgatejoinery

A Former Cow Shed is Transformed Into a Luxury Barn Conversion

Westgate Joinery
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This property based in West Hoathly was a milking parlour in a previous life. The client wanted to transform this derelict old barn into a luxury barn conversion perfect for a rural family.

We were contacted by the client and asked to supply and install European Oak Joinery throughout the barn. The client was insistent that all joinery work was in keeping with the traditional & rustic theme.

The project was split into 3 phases and took a total of 12 months to complete. Westgate Joinery are proud to have worked on a range of different projects and client requirements, for a traditional property such as this old barn an obstacle we successfully worked around was to ensure that everything fitted perfectly into the refurbished stonework openings.

We provided casement windows, stable doors with large entrance screen and door sets with sidelights. In order to keep the traditional style of the barn we finished all joinery with tung oil.

The Old Farmhouse, Barn Conversion · More Info

We are really pleased with how the project turned out, take a look at our projects here and be sure to contact us to discuss your requirements.

Comments (5)

• Melissa McCafferty
    6 years ago

What a transformation! Who would have thought that the exterior (what is that...brick, stone?) would clean up so nicely! And the stable doors are a lovely touch!

• PRO
    Westgate Joinery
    Original Author
    6 years ago

The walls are sandstone that were carefully repaired and new openings formed with reclaimed sandstone from the site.

• PRO
    Kia Designs
    6 years ago

Great to see this lovely building brought back to life!

• PRO
    Evie Willow Kitchens
    6 years ago

Wow! Lovely work.

• PRO
    The Plan Shop
    6 years ago

Amazing renovation - it has definitely been given a new lease of life!

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.