hbutchart

Advice on shower panels please

When I first started looking at shower panels as an alternative to tiles and grouting, the choice was very limited. Now when I google shower panels they seem to have sprung up everywhere! My questions are:

1. Can anyone recommend a stockist with whom their experience has been positive?

2. What type of panel did you choose, ie acrylic, laminate, glass, and why? I do understand that the type will be dependent on budget. Just wanting an overall picture.

3. I am wanting to "cut" small recessed shelves in to the panels for shampoo bottles etc. Has anyone done this successfully?

4. What, if any, are your negatives about shower panels?

5. If you chose a colour and then when in situ decided it was the biggest mistake of your "design career", were they easy to replace? I appreciate that everyone's room and walls will differ, but once again just trying to get an overall picture.

6. Anything else I should know/be aware of?

I am planning to use shower panels in 5 bathrooms so any advice/guidance will be sooooo appreciated. Thank you!