luciadc1986

Kitchen feature wall

luciadc1986
6 years ago

So we moved into our home almost 2 years ago now and are looking to revive our kitchen a little. The original owners put up some Orla Kiely wallpaper (see picture) which although I've grown to like, it's not really my taste.

Any good ideas as to what to with this wall? I was thinking perhaps a dark grey colour (the kitchen is pretty big - the photos don't really do it justice) with the kitchen island painted a lighter grey. One other point to make is that we're having the utility room done up and have chosen mid-grey cabinets; I'm not sure if painting the kitchen wall grey would be a bit too samey or would actually bring it all together quite well. I'm not averse to wallpaper but I'm thinking paint may be better and stand the test of time more!

The cabinets have fairly recently been repainted to warm-ish white although they look fairly similar to this photo. Any ideas gratefully received!

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.