numbland

Victorian hallway & open plan family room - inspiration sought

numbland

Victorian family home - the wood chip has (finally!) been stripped and the walls skimmed. Wood burning stove has just been installed in the stone fireplace - the stone finish of which isn't really in-keeping with the rest of the Victorian fireplaces in the house. This is the first room to be refurbished - all other downstairs rooms lead off it - so it's an important part of the rest of the house. Inspiration needed for a colour scheme that can possibly run through the house (we'd like it to be light, the window is east facing, the hall and entryway facing south). Also ideas for the flooring? Fireplace? Lighting?