amanda1000000

5 yo daughter's bedroom

amanda1000000
6 years ago

Hi

We are decorating our 5 year old daughter's bedroom. She wants pink and I've eventually given in! Sorry for state of photos - mid painting with Dulux Spring rose. Not sure if we should have a darker wall or not. Tried pretty pink and it's looked a bit purple-y.

Trying to work out layout of furniture. Not sure whether to put bed sticking out of long wall or between wardrobes or along the long wall, probably sticking out of long wall as she suffers from dizzy spells when she vomits so it's easier if we can get to both sides of the bed.. Will probably get stuff from IKEA - have looked at ALEX/LINNMON and MALM in white. We think she would enjoy a desk area as she love writing and drawing - and it would have places for all her paper and pens and certificates etc. Also she has a CD player and CDs. OR maybe more a vanity/desk area with a mirror and her girly stuff - hundreds of hairclips, lipbalm etc? Perhaps this should be in the corner near the larger window. Or a den area with one of those canopies and her books. Would be nice to have a big mirror too as she comes into our room to use ours! And a clock as she is starting to learn to tell the time.

She has fairy bedding from Dunelm and wants the matching curtains so it is going to be pale pink EVERYWHERE! But there's at least bits of turquoise and darker pink.

There are a lot of pine built in wardrobes which I think would look better painted white but I'm a bit scared it's too big a task and might not look great. Would I need to paint the insides too and all the bits round the outsides of the drawers. I wondered if I could find some fairy stickers for each large door to put on after or for the walls.

We also need a high up place to charge her cochlear implants (as she is deaf) away from little brother. Also she loves her books so a normal bookcase or one of those kids/display ones?

Any help would be appreciated so much, I want to make this a lovely space for her.

Thank you.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.