ines_abramovich

Need help with layout of ground floor and basement

Dancing Apps
6 years ago

Hi,

We're about to start a renovation project of a semi detached house including creating of a loft, basement and double story rear extension to the basement and the ground floor.

In the pictures you can see the proposed plans for the ground floor and the basement. However, we are not sure whether we should have the kitchen in the basement or first floor and the layout of the kitchen / dining area. (assume the exit to the garden is from the basement).

These plans were done by an architect before we bought the house so we are considering different plans all together including full width ground floor rear extensions (currently only half) and placing the kitchen in the basement.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the layout of the rooms, location of the kitchen, dining table, living room and the width of the extension.

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.