renukarandhawa

Ground Floor Victorian Terrace Flat Extension Help

Renuka Randhawa
6 years ago

Hi,

We recently bought a flat and are thinking of extending/changing the layout to get a second bedroom and a kitchen/living room at the back of the flat. I've seen a couple of similar projects where a courtyard has been introduced in the middle of the flat to allow light in, which I like. I'm just struggling to visualise how to I'm going to be able to achieve this. I've attached the floorpan in the hope someone might be help to offer some help...

The little cupboard to the left of the 'front door' houses gas and electric pipes/cables, as well as the corresponding meters! I know these can be moved but that seems expensive and we'd prefer to spend our limited budget on the build and finish if we can. Theres load of room to extend back into the garden so I'm sure (hope) what we want to do is possible,

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.