josephinehome

What do you look for when purchasing bed linen?

There are various factors to consider when looking to purchase new bed linen - thread count, weave, design... What is most important to you?

Classic Range with Textured Throws · More Info

We personally think that linens should be above 300 thread count. Below 300 thread count the yarns are too thick to provide the smoothness we must expect from good quality linen.

However, above 300 thread count, what matters is not the highest thread count at all, but rather the quality of the yarn itself because you can only weave great linen with good long staple yarns.

Classic Bedroom · More Info

Pay attention to the feel of the fabric on the top side but also on the underside of the linen you are contemplating buying. The underside will reveal how well woven it is and how tight the weave is...

We recommend you choose the best weave for you: satin or percale depending on whether you like your linen light and cool or soft and silky. Only then, do choose your thread count.

Hope you find our tips helpful. We'd love to hear your thoughts. What is most important for you when purchasing bed linen?

Thread Count
Weave - does it feel satiny or starchy?
Design - colour, trim, or pattern
Brand

Comment

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.